PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When using the Web Site, Verdura will not collect personally-identifying information about you unless you voluntarily submit that information to us through one of our contact pages, in connection with a purchase, or by e-mail, or other means. The personally identifiable information which you may provide us could include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and payment information.
NON-PERSONAL OR AGGREGATE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
In addition, we may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information, including without limitation type of browser, pages viewed, computer operating system, host address, pages viewed, frequency of visits, etc., and may aggregate such information as we may desire. Information obtained in this manner may be in conjunction with or intermingled with information obtained through other sources, both offline and online.
In connection with non-personal or aggregate information, such information may be shared with any number of third parties, as long as such information does not identify you. In addition, unless you have provided us with additional consent at any time, we will only use your personally identifiable information as set forth below:
- To operate the Web Site and to provide you with requested services, including without limitation responding to your inquiries.
- To permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personally identifiable information, but only to perform services for Verdura and not for their own benefit.
- To include you on our mailing lists and to periodically send you emails.
- To process orders you place with us, including without limitation, sharing required payment and delivery information with payment processors and shipping companies.
- To comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- In connection with the sale, merger or change of control of Verdura, in whole or in part.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any applicable law, rule or regulation, or the Legal Terms and Conditions, please visit that section of the Web Site.
Verdura will attempt to provide for the secure storage of your information by utilizing standard industry practices. However, we cannot guarantee that communications between us and/or information stored on the Web Site or our servers will be free at all times from unauthorized access by third parties (including without limitation hackers) and therefore you must assume such risk. We have undertaken all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized Internet access to visitor data retained in our servers.
PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
This Web Site is not intended for users under the age of 18, and we have no intention of collecting personal information from children (i.e., under the age of 13). We take reasonable measures to inform children not to submit such information to the Web Site or in response to advertisements, where and when appropriate. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
This Web site has the following types of security measures: limited access data-centers, firewall technology, and secure-socket-layer (SSL) certificate authentication. SSL is encryption technology that provides security for information that's transmitted over the Internet.
What is an SSL Certificate and How Does it Work?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the transaction security protocol used by Verdura to protect online communications. The most common use of SSL is to provide protection for confidential data, such as personal details or credit card information, entered into our website.
The SSL Certificate provides two primary functions:
- SSL Encryption allows data to be transmitted over computer networks in a secure manner
- Identity Assurance (validation) allows the business running the site to 'prove' that they are who they claim to be
BULLETIN BOARDS, CHAT AREAS AND BLOGS
Please note that personally identifiable information which you voluntarily transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise can be viewed and used by others. We cannot control such uses, and therefore you assume the risks associated therewith.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Web Site. These other sites are not controlled by Verdura. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Web Site to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites, and therefore, visiting these other sites is at your own risk.
POLICY MODIFICATIONS/OPT-OUT PROCESS
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA